Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rollout problems for new Star-Telegram entertainment publication

Looks like the rollout for DFW.com isn't going well:
Just saw this in print downtown. Only one box has it and there was only three in there. This is a complete joke. If I were the Kimbell I would pull that back page ad quickly. "Three people we would like to Eff this week"? Sex talk? I cannot believe they or many of the other businesses would want to be associated with this. Way to sink money into a piece that no one will read. Congrats on the launch. I will bet this will be gone in 2 months.
The print edition was supposed to be "in news racks everywhere."
.
.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three people we want to eff this week?? How trashy, demeaning and sophmoric. Why anyone would want to advertise in this rag is beyond me.

Anonymous said...

Did Jim Witt okay that?!? Wow. I'm embarrassed for everyone. What happened to standards? Move over, National Inquirer, make room for the Star-Telegram's pathetic attempt at being cool.

I apologize, Mr. Amon G. Carter, for what is happening.

Anonymous said...

Has Paris Hilton become the editor of this rag? No wait, it's Christopher Kelley. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, Chris.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Jim Witt has any approval, for what it's worth. I'm not there any more, but this is probably under that new niche-publications guy.

Why not give it a chance? I'm sure they launched with a couple of their most provocative, attention-grabbing story ideas. It'll likely have to respond to readers and advertisers and settle down a bit ...

Anonymous said...

Hmm...sounds like it must be pretty popular for most boxes to be out and one box to only have 3 left.

Just means they didn't anticipate the traffic.

Content is a different story, but if out of X boxes and Y issues there are only 3 left, I would have to guess it is a success (unless they only printed 3 and there are still 3 left).

Anonymous said...

"Why anyone would want to advertise in this rag is beyond me."

Some of you obviously haven't read the Dallas Observer or Fort Worth Weekly before. lol