Thursday, October 8, 2009

Is McClatchy the best newspaper stock right now?

This guy thinks so:

Their cost cutting is the DEEPEST. Their potential for an earnings surprise is the greatest. (The Street continues to miss the DRAMATIC effect of lower newsprint prices, along with cost cutting, along with stabilizing revenues, on expected earnings.) I believe MNI is selling for only around 1.4-1.7x 2010 earnings, right now. That is CHEAP! I expect it to trend up to $2.75-3.00 before the earnings release, and probably "pop" to $3.50-4.00, or possibly higher, after the release. I expect the stock to trade at $10-15, by the 2nd half of next year. Possibly earlier.


.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary Pruitt is back to pre-report posting once again.

Anonymous said...

I hope he sinks his entire allowance into this lemon.

Anonymous said...

Wow. $3.50-$4.00. And to think, I thought I was taking a huge loss when I sold the last of my shares at $17. Alas, wish I'd sold them when the stock was -- really, folks -- at $71.00 once upon a time.

So long as Mr. Pruitt keeps getting his paycheck, that's all that matters, huh? That has always boggled my mind. How a stock can go from $71 to less than a $1.00 but the same driver stays in the car.