- Yes, it is that bad. The Democrats are about to put in place the legislative, regulatory and bureaucratic infrastructure for a complete government takeover of health care. Just read the comments from the supporters and you will see a common theme -- this is just the beginning. They know it, we know it, and Ben Nelson knows it but doesn't care because he scored some pork for his home state, just like Mary Landrieu
- This is the worst of Washington. Payoffs, lies, deceit, and deception. Oddly enough, I've come to have more respect for the left-wing advocates of single-payer than the so-called moderates who will sell their principles for money. At least the left-wing has principles, even if I disagree with those principles. The moderates like Nelson and Landrieu have no principles, at least none that cannot be sold.
- Where is Evan Bayh? His silence has been deafening.
- How amazing is the number of circumstances which caused this perfect storm, without any one of which we wouldn't be on Obama's precipice: Massachusetts changes its rules for a second time to allow appointment of a Democrat in Kennedy's place rather than having to wait for the special election; Al Franken outmaneuvers and out-litigates Norm Coleman to steal the Minnesota race; Rahm Emanuel recruits "blue dog" Democratic wolves in sheep's clothing and people fall for it; the media covers up the Obama agenda during the campaign, portraying Obama falsely as a moderate; [added] George Allen says "Macaca," and so on.
- Democrats do not care about the 2010 election cycle, or 2012. Obama has said it. He'd rather get his restructuring of society in place and be a one-term president, than be a two-term president and not succeed in perfecting our imperfections.
- There is a slight, slight chance this legislation can be stopped in the House, so don't give up until the last vote is taken..
***Al Franken outmaneuvers and out-litigates Norm Coleman to steal the Minnesota race;***
Just like Bush did in 2000 on the national level?
7:37 PM You're an idiot.
11:02 p.m. as are a number of the bigoted, bitter people on this blog. The days when middle-aged whtie men were the majority in this country are gone. They have lost control and they didn't see it coming and they simply don't know what to do about it.
4:13 You are a racist.
4:13 your ignorance is only surpassed by your malignant hatred.
You know nothing. Only a mouth breathing fool would bring up race, class and age when confronted with the disaster of Obamacare. It might be helpful for you to consider the looming catastrophe of government healthcare rather than your petty bigotry.
Stunner. Dems 2010 Campaign Strategy Will Be to Bash Bush (GatewayPundit)
Democrats think next year they will continue their winning ways by bashing Bush again.
Obama and Democrats tripled the national deficit in less than one year.
They’ve increased the national debt to $12 Trillion.
Obama promised his stimulus plan would create 3.7 million new jobs.
Instead America has lost 3.6 million jobs.
But democrats are hoping they can hide that from voters and blame Bush instead.
TPM reported: Last week TPMDC explored the conditions that led to the Republican takeover of the House in 1994 and point-by-point detailed why a similar rout in 2010is unlikely despite a tough political climate.
Today, Rep. Chris Van Hollen who is in charge of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, dismissed potential signs of trouble but stayed on his message that no matter what happens next year members won’t be caught unprepared.
He said as confetti was still falling last fall when Barack Obama won the presidency he was warning members they faced a tough mid-year cycle.
“This is not going to be 1994 all over again,” Van Hollen told reporters at a briefing at the DNC. “The fundamentals are very different today.”
Their strategy: GOP just wants to rewind the clock to Bush era.
“The Republican party in Washington today is no different than the Republican party that ran the Congress before,” Van Hollen said.
It’s a message they will push especially in districts where there are repeat Republican candidates Democrats think the economy will actually work to their advantage – if there is an uptick, they can say they stepped in to save it from a deeper dive and say Republicans voted ‘No’ on every piece of legislation that helped to turn it around.
“The big question will be who was on your side during this very difficult period of time,” he said.
It will be a great day for the people of America when the health-reform bill passes, even for the right-wing fools who are so bitter they vote against their own interests time and time again out of hatred or bigotry or just plain ignorance. It's time the insurance companies are forced to deal on a more level field. The bill's not perfect, but it's a start.
7:22... If this bill had anything to do with health care I would agree with you that it is a start. However, it has far less to do with health care than it does with usurpation of power by government in general and democrats in particular.
ObamaCare eventually will be tossed and a new health care plan instituted once the Dems are out (which will be soon). The polls are united in one thing - Americans don't want it.
Once Obama signs his ObamaCare, he'll create the biggest rallying point since 9/11. Conservatives and Independants can use this one issue to trounce the Dems. No wonder the Repubs have stayed united in opposing this ticket back to power.
4:13 is definitely a racist using a cliche often flung at people opposed to Obama's policies. It's the old race card and nobody listens to it anymore, you freakin' scum-sucking ACORN drone.
Right on. ObamaCare passing will be the greatest push to the conservative movement in decades. Get out the broom, we're about the sweep the Dems out the door.
We need to work as hard to defeat Communism in America as we did to defeat it in the Soviet Union. ACORN is a graver threat to America than the Islamic extremists in the mideast.
Remember the rhetoric of the sixties and let it be our battle cry against totalitarian liberalism. By any means necessary, and up against the wall you totalitarian MFers.
U.S. national debt Jan. 2001: 5.8 trillion. Jan. 2009: 11.2 trillion, about one trillion owed to China. (Dept. of Treasury.)
That's the threat to America.
If you're against peace and prosperity, vote GOP.
If you are for incompetent, arrogant, American hating statists vote democrat and see our freedom and prosperity drain away.
They know the American people don't like this health care bill but are determined to ram it down our throats, because "they" know what is best for us.
They call everyone who opposes the tyranny racist or stupid.
Obama is on his way to being Jimmy Carter II.
Jimmy Carter II is going to bring us the same misery that the first hapless, boob inflicted on the American people.
4:13 when was it that white middle aged men were ever a majority in this country? You sound like you got your "education" in a government school and at that you did not make much progress.
Damn... I miss the prosperity of the old Soviet Union. You know, those 5 hour lines for a loaf of bread were a great place to meet horny Babushkas that were only semi wrinkly. One nice thing about the food rationing was many of those sweet things kept their slim figures right up until old age or around 32 or so.
Yeah... those were the days. Gulags, Siberia, force labor for the greater good and New York Times reporters covering for us then same as they do now.
Post a Comment