Saturday, November 10, 2007

McClatchy correspondent claims she has been "branded a terrorist"

Sahar Issa is a correspondent employed at McClatchy's Baghdad bureau. She recently travelled to the United States to receive a Courage in Journalism award presented by the International Women's Media Foundation (IWMF).


Her acceptance speech is here. Reading her acceptance speech, you get the idea Issa has some sort of persecution complex. Get this:

So why continue? Why not put down my proverbial pen and sit back? It's because I'm tired of being branded a terrorist: tired that a human life lost in my country is no loss at all in the eyes of the world. This is not the future I envision for my children. They are not terrorists, and their lives are not valueless.

Huh? Branded a terrorist? Who exactly said Issa is a terrorist? And who branded her children terrorists? Americans? Issa needs to explain.