Monday, October 27, 2008

McClatchy newspaper endorsements (updated)

This news might come as a shock, but McClatchy's newspapers are lining up behind their preferred candidate, Barack Obama.

Here is the list of McClatchy newspapers endorsing Obama:

Miami Herald
News & Observer
Kansas City Star
Modesto Bee
Idaho Statesman
The Olympian
Tri-City Herald
Lexington Herald-Leader
Fresno Bee
Seattle Times (half-owned by McClatchy)
Sacramento Bee
Merced Sun Star
The News Tribune
Anchorage Daily News
Charlotte Observer
Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer
Macon Telegraph
Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Here is the list of McClatchy newspapers endorsing John McCain:

Bradenton Herald
The State (South Carolina)

The list of McClatchy newspapers not endorsing:

Bellingham Herald
Myrtle Beach Sun
Wichita Eagle (looking for link)
.
Related:
Gary Pruitt hearts Obama

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin Powell
Christopher Buckley
Kathleen Parker
Charles Krauthammer

Anonymous said...

And we are supposed to be suprised, why?

Anonymous said...

Chicago Tribune

Anonymous said...

25 newspapers that endorsed bush are endorsing obama.

OH NO THE SCRIPT HAS JUST BEEN FLIPPED

Anonymous said...

don't forget the Anchorage Daily News...you know, the paper in Sarah Palin's own state?

LOL

Anonymous said...

the charlotte observer last night
ed.

Anonymous said...

An amazing display of independence and diversity by the McClatchy satellite propaganda centers.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna puke if I have to continue to look at his big floppy ear face on anymore newspaper web sites. People, he is NOT the second coming!

Anonymous said...

he's also not the anti-christ

Anonymous said...

You all better get used to it. You can call him MR.President in the future......thank god. On election day I will finally hang my USA flag out for the first time in 4 years.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Anonymous @October 27, 2008 8:26 AM, and If you are a McClatchy employee you will have plenty of time to sit on your porch and look at that flag.

Of course,you might hope for some wealth redistribution by Bambi. However, I would guess that white people with degrees in English or journalism are going to be far down the victim list eligible for the cash.

Anonymous said...

o.bamapost.com

Anonymous said...

Hey 9:01 I was smart and took a buyout and did quite well on it I might add. Now I am employed and making it very well thank you. Maybe it would do you also to have "hope not fear".

Not that it makes any difference but I am white and proud of it. I' ll continue to fly my flag while I'm at my new job making lots of money. Must get to work now.

Anonymous said...

Cool. Glad you found work. Tell me the truth... do they really use trans fat free oil when cooking those fries?

Anonymous said...

FYI: Wichita Eagle is not endorsing either.

Anonymous said...

GO ALASKA! Thanks for the Senate seat.

Anonymous said...

The GOP should change to HATE. Maybe you would win more votes at least you would be honest.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. I thought this blog was all about about scat. Why no scat?