The Star is looking for an experienced, trouble-shooting, hands-on, journalist to run the Business department. This AME-level position has oversight of an award-winning staff of reporters and editors.
This is a full-time, exempt position with standard benefits.
Among the skills/qualities we’re seeking, we need someone who:
- Has a vision for covering the biggest story in the world right now but can bring those economic issues back home to Kansas City.
- Understands, embraces and has ideas for multi-platform business products.
- Can work copy and push stories to A-1 while developing a strategy for daily business centerpieces.
- Brings energy and creativity to meetings and to problem-solving.
- Works well with his staff and also with other newsroom departments.
The previous business editor, Chris Lester, jumped ship last month.