Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Going green for the oppressed people of Iran

I don't care much for recycling or composting. You'll never catch me driving a Prius to save the environment. And yes, I think global warming is over-hyped.

But today I'm going green -- not for the environment, but for the people of Iran.

Regular readers might have noticed something different about my header -- it's green today, instead of the usual blue. Instapundit has gone green, too -- and so has the BBC/UK.

It's a little thing, just a gesture. I wish there was more I could do. But somehow I feel we need to stand up for Iranian people like the unknown woman in the photo below.



.
.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't care about recycling? You, sir, are a dumbass.

Anonymous said...

And what's the issue with composting?

Anonymous said...

...and to what extent would you go to do something for the people of Iran?

Anonymous said...

12:49 PM You just can't help yourself can you?

Anonymous said...

How about a recycling horror story? The county Supervisors had parceled out the recycling subsidy into four different funds so the taxpayers would not realize how much they were being taxed for recycling. Taxpayers were assured recycling would nearly pay for itself.

The costly composting plant’s product never passed the standard tests for clean soil, and sits idle. Presently, at considerable cost, they are paying truckers to take their recycled materials to their neighboring county’s landfill. Still, the whacko’s wax stupid about saving the planet, and that the extra taxes are worth it.