A systems developer at McClatchy Interactive designs, implements, and maintains infrastructure solutions in support of the company's proprietary content management system and other, supplemental applications and open source tools that power the McClatchy Company's numerous Web sites.
Systems Developers work closely with the development team and the systems architect, as well as the systems and network engineers in the technology department. They are essentially the bridge between application development and system administration functions and responsibilities.
· Design and implement software for effective management, automation, data collection, performance analysis, monitoring, alerting and root cause analysis
· Interface with technology and development teams to incorporate requirements and deliver core operations infrastructure components
· Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
· Design and development of unit test modules
· Peer design and code reviews
· Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption
· Providing training to other developers, technology and customer service personnel
· After hours availability for emergency issues.