Under Obama Care, Grannie won't really be at the mercy of relatives tempted to trade her in for a $4,500 voucher. But she could become malnourished -- or worse -- while being treated in a federal program, because there won't be enough funding to give her excellent care.
In fact, the nationalized system in the UK hasn't worked out well at all for grannies.
These headlines tell you what kind of care Grannie is getting in the UK:
- Elderly woman dies of malnutrition after hospital neglect
- Nurses 'too busy to feed elderly patients due to cutbacks'
- Hospital doctor 'hastened the death of elderly patient with painkillers'
- Pressure grows for inquiry into deaths of elderly patients at Gosport hospital
- Hospital care 'fails the elderly'
- Two elderly patients seriously injured in 20ft hospital fall
- Hospital stay may leave elderly malnourished
Due to staff shortages, inadequate medical supplies, and not enough funding to ensure excellent care, grannies are seriously at risk in the UK system.
So if you want Grannie to have excellent care, you have good reason to oppose Obama Care.