This blog is mainly about the spectacular train wreck at The Sacramento Bee and its parent company, the McClatchy Company. But I also post about current events, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, politics, anything else that grabs my attention. Take a look around this blog, hope you enjoy it.
The Last of The Kennedy Dynasty (The Distinguished (?) senator from Massachusetts)
As soon as cancer was found, we noticed the immediate attempt at canonization of old Teddy by the main stream media. They are saying what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear and not twist the facts to change the real history.
1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him.
2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops, the man can't count to four. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea, where a war was raging. No preferential treatment for him, like "he" charged President Bush received.
3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris, never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged. Imagine a person of his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private.
4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia, he was cited for reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally, he passed the bar exam in 1959, amazing!!!
5. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear about that from the unbiased media, did we.
6. On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts. At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered his car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.
7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party, after passing several houses and a fire station. Then two friends returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew, that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car. The Kennedy family began "calling in favors", ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne, and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight. Since the accident, Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills... a "token of friendship"?
8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism". In his very first Senate roll, he was the floor manager for the bill
that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries.
9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of and increase in immigration, up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the Pious grilling he gave the last two Supreme Court Nominees, as if he were the standard bearer for the nation in matters of right. What a pompous ass.
10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than "great American".
Let's not allow the spin doctors make this jerk a hero -- how quickly the American public forgets what his real legacy is...
"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain
ABC, NBC Won't Run Ad Critical of Obama's Health Care Reform Plan...
Corrupt media to the end.
We find out Kennedy joked about Chappaquiddick.
Ain't that a kick in the head? And the nation mourns this jerk? I don’t think so libs, I don’t think so. Take the first four and last four letters from Ted’s joke, and you will about have it.
BILL WOULD GIVE OBAMA 'EMERGENCY' CONTROL OF INTERNET
@The Drudge Report
Here is a chilling thought, a Chicago thug takes control of the Internet.
WHAT IS SO HARD FOR THE MEDIA AND AMERICANS TO GRASP THAT MARXISM IS NOT THE ANSWER?
Dem Rep & Communist: "Opponents Want to Destroy President Who Looks Like Me... Fidel Castro Was One of Brightest Leaders I Have Ever Met"
LA Representative and Communist Diane Watson (D-CA) racebaits and praises Fidel Castro and the Cuban health care system at an Obamacare debate.
The people of California must be very proud to have such an esteemed Marxist representing them in Congress.
"They are spreading fear and they're trying to see that the first president who looks like me -- fails."
What an absolute disgrace.
Why are illegals still crashing our borders? Our unemployed will be moving to Mexico if this business exodus continues.
Whirlpool Cuts 1,100 Jobs
Moving To Mexico
AP, by Tom Murphy
Indianapolis (AP) -- Whirlpool Corp. announced Friday that it will close its refrigerator factory in Evansville, Ind., by next year and cut 1,100 jobs as it continues a push to trim excess capacity. Whirlpool said it will move the production of refrigerators with freezers on top to a company location in Mexico, where they are cheaper to produce. Ice makers produced in Evansville will be moved to a yet-to-be-decided location.
Big Tea Party at California State Capitol today. Thousands in attendance according to local TV news. I was surprised how many people were there in the TV video.
Re: Whirlpool Cuts 1,100 Jobs In Indiana- You can thank the unions for the loss of jobs, and the state, for adding more taxes and regulations on every business. The voters keep voting for the same officials as the jobs move elsewhere. The “Sucker Package” gives money to porn film makers, and colleges to study sexual hook-ups among their students. The angry taxpayers have every right to yell at these unhinged elected officials, but at some point, the voters have to look into a mirror, and see who really is to blame for the mess we are in today.
Kennedy Jokes to Dodd: Cancer Surgery Beats Attending Town Hall Meetings (video)
"'Well,' he (Sen. Ted Kennedy) roared, 'Between going through prostate cancer surgery and doing town hall meetings, you made a great choice, he said."
Despite your summary of his history (I don't claim it's right or wrong), he somehow managed to survive in the political arena for four plus decades. I can only conclude he was a faulted man who did some good or the electorate is a bunch of stupid people not worthy of voting privileges. Your call.
10:14 PM Considering he is from Massachusetts, it is safe to run with the latter. No one from New England should ever be allowed to run for office, much less vote.
A wall, a wall I say! Fence the dimwits in while they are in the trap!
Post a Comment