The Kansas City Star, the area’s pre-eminent communications company, is committed to building our community through knowledge and providing superior customer service by dedicating ourselves to the success of our readers, subscribers and advertisers. We are currently seeking a Finance Director to establish/recommend major corporate economic strategies, objectives and policies; and direct preparation of operating and capital budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct preparation of operating and capital budgets and review budget proposals
· Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities
· Provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
· Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
· Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions
· Coordinate audits with internal (corporate) and external auditors
· Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies
· Establish relationships with banks and other financial institutions
· Direct General Ledger and Accounts Payable accounting process
· Bachelors in Accounting
· MBA, CPA or Newspaper experience
· 10+ Years of experience in accounting
· 5+ Management Experience
· Experience with Sarbanes Oxley
· Accounting experience with a manufacturing organization and SAP experience preferred
The Kansas City Star offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and an exciting work environment!
Salary is not specified.