A systems developer at McClatchy Interactive designs, implements, and maintains infrastructure solutions in support of the company's proprietary content management system and other, supplemental applications and open source tools that power the McClatchy Company's numerous Web sites.
Systems Developers work closely with the development team and the systems architect, as well as the full technical staff. They are essentially the bridge between application development and system administration functions and responsibilities.
· Implement and expand configuration management infrastructure
· Design and implement solutions to increase automated software deployment
· Design and implement solutions to increase application performance, monitoring and data collection
· Perform root cause analysis in cooperation with other team members, recommend and implement improvements to systems and applications
· Interface with technology and development teams to incorporate requirements and deliver core operations infrastructure components
· Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
· Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption
· Providing training to other developers, technology and customer service personnel
· After hours availability for emergency issues.
My eyes are hurting after reading the first few paragraphs. "Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption." Really?... how about putting this into English, MI?
The ad is long -- too long to publish here. If you want to see the the whole thing, click here.
(FYI, salary is not specified. )