I'm shocked and dismayed right now. Not only is this vote a leap toward a Welfare State, it will damage the health care you now get.
Let me say it again: the Dem plan is going to degrade the America's health care system. Here is what you can look forward to if the Dem plan is implemented:
- longer waiting times to see a doctor;
- one by one, private insurance companies will go out of business, dumping more and more Americans into the crappy federal program;
- a wave of doctors will get out of the health care business altogether;
- certain procedures will be rationed;
- cuts to Medicare;
- federal deficits will soar higher than the eye can see;
- misery all around.
And you can add one more important loss to the list: research and development in life-saving drugs and procedures will dry up.
One consolation right now comes via Gay Patriot: last night's vote will increase the GOP's gains in 2010.