The Kansas City Star will be hiring for a classified automotive account executive. This account executive position is responsible for inside and outside sales of online advertising to independent used car dealers for our automotive vertical, cars.com.
We offer a top earning potential compensation package that will include a generous base salary as well as an aggressive commission structure.
Job duties include:
- extensive prospecting to independent used car dealers as well as retaining and up selling existing independent dealer clients already advertising on cars.com.
- regular telemarketing activities as well as outside sales calls in and around the Kansas City 11 counties to aggressively solicit new advertisers and maintain/increase current customers’ advertising
- serving existing client accounts with all aspects of their online advertising needs, including all contract proposals, rate increases and renewal contract agreements
- assessing customer needs and relationships
- anticipating problems and seeing creative opportunities for solutions
- developing appropriate sales plans and measuring their effectiveness
- making professional sales presentations which project a positive image for The Star as a strategic marketing business partner
- 2 years proven advertising sales experience
- extensive successful prospecting experience
- strong demonstrated presentation, follow-up and execution skills
- 1 to 2 years college-level education in advertising or marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- experience in automotive or online sales a plus
- must be a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, possessing excellent oral and written communications skills
- proficient in Power Point, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be dependable and punctual and maintain an acceptable attendance level
We offer you an excellent benefits package including a generous paid time off policy and the opportunity to work with a dynamic, results-oriented team.
I smell a Lokeman come back here!
You have to admit that Lokeman is uniquely qualified. After all, how many technicians could actually diagnose the loss of a tire and wheel assembly without ever even having to see the front end?
Then we come to the rear end where she clearly stands out above and beyond her peers. You'd have to go straight to the Train industry to find anyone working with that size equipment.
Strange, all of these positions seem to be in advertising.
Post a Comment