The Kansas City Star will be hiring for a classified automotive account executive. This account executive position is responsible for inside and outside sales of online advertising to independent used car dealers for our automotive vertical, cars.com.
We offer a top earning potential compensation package that will include a generous base salary as well as an aggressive commission structure.
Job duties include:
- extensive prospecting to independent used car dealers as well as retaining and up selling existing independent dealer clients already advertising on cars.com.
- regular telemarketing activities as well as outside sales calls in and around the Kansas City 11 counties to aggressively solicit new advertisers and maintain/increase current customers’ advertising
- serving existing client accounts with all aspects of their online advertising needs, including all contract proposals, rate increases and renewal contract agreements
- assessing customer needs and relationships
- anticipating problems and seeing creative opportunities for solutions
- developing appropriate sales plans and measuring their effectiveness
- making professional sales presentations which project a positive image for The Star as a strategic marketing business partner
- 2 years proven advertising sales experience
- extensive successful prospecting experience
- strong demonstrated presentation, follow-up and execution skills
- 1 to 2 years college-level education in advertising or marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- experience in automotive or online sales a plus
- must be a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, possessing excellent oral and written communications skills
- proficient in Power Point, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be dependable and punctual and maintain an acceptable attendance level
We offer you an excellent benefits package including a generous paid time off policy and the opportunity to work with a dynamic, results-oriented team.