In the email, Keegan referred to conservative congressional candidate Doug Hoffman as "the 'tea bagger' candidate."
Here is an excerpt of the email:
"Voters rejected right-wing radicalism when it was on full display by the "tea bagger" candidate -- supported by the likes of Beck, Limbaugh and Palin -- in the NY-23 special election... "(Full copy of the email here.)
Michael Keegan doesn't know what the real American Way is -- Americans don't value gutter-level personal smears against someone who has different political views.
- New Jersey reporter uses vulgar sexual term to slur citizens at a tea party event
- Gwen Ifill apologizes for using "teabagger" slur, says 'I didn't know it meant that'
- Dem Congressman uses vulgar sexual term to slur constituents
- CBS online editor refers to town hall protesters as "teabaggers"
- Tuscon councilwoman apologizes for "teabagger" slur