Monday, January 7, 2008

Wall Street Journal: Hillary became emotional... a Muskie moment?

Wall Street Journal:

Speaking to an intimate group of undecided voters this morning at a cafe in Portsmouth, Hillary Clinton showed a rare emotional side.

The last question of the Q&A breakfast session came from Maryann Pernold, a 64-year-old undecided Democrat. Pernold said that as a woman “I know it’s hard to get out of the house and get ready,” she said. “Who does your hair?”


“It’s not easy, it’s not easy,” Clinton said shaking her head. Her eyes began to get watery as she finished answering the question, “I couldn’t do it if I didn’t just passionately believe it was the right thing to do,” she said. “I have so many ideas for this country and I just don’t want to see us fall backwards as a nation. This is very personal for me,” she said to a quiet round of supportive applause. “It’s about our country, it’s about our kids’ future, it’s really about all of us together,” she said tearing up, her voice cracking.



Politico here. Lefties at the New Republic are impressed with Hillary's new vulnerability. Gateway Pundit here. Michelle Malkin: "Forget a box of Kleenex. I need an airsickness bag." Just noticed this: yesterday, before today's emotional display, Politics Matters called Hillary "Ed Muskie in a pantsuit." A prophesy?