Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gary Pruitt's jet

Got an email tip telling me there are rumors Gary Pruitt flies around in a $20 million jet. Doing some unrelated research, I found this quote from a 2003 profile of Pruitt by Susan Paterno:


“A multimillionaire the Sacramento Business Journal has regularly named the highest-paid executive of any local public company, Pruitt flies around in McClatchy's Hawker jet but presents himself as a salary man…”

This is a time of extreme cost-costing -- and layoffs -- at McClatchy. Gary Pruitt wouldn't be flying around in a Hawker jet, would he?


By the way, the Hawker jet is luxurious. Check out their web site here. The Hawker jet must be the perfect way for Gary Pruitt to fly to concerts and parties and business deals.


I sent an email to McClatchy asking about the status of the Hawker jet and I'll pass on any response I get.


Photo of the Hawker Jet via MC Aviation


UPDATE 9/5 6:10 PM: I emailed McClatchy's corporate offices early this morning to ask about the status of the Hawker jet. No response yet. I'll let you know if McClatchy gives any info. And I'll keep bumping this post over the weekend as part of the Gary Pruitt week festivities.


UPDATE 9/6: Still no response from McClatchy... if Gary Pruitt didn't still use this plane, you'd think McClatchy would have responded with a denial/explanation. (If McClatchy responds with any info on Gary's plane I'll post it.)


FYI, a commenter suggested a new song for the Pruitt theme song contest: "I'm leaving on a jet plane." Heh.
A multimillionaire the Sacramento Business Journal has regularly named the highest-paid executive of any local public company, Pruitt flies around in McClatchy's Hawker jet but presents himself as a salary man, making appearances in the newsroom, answering reporters' emails and phone calls, endearing himself to editors who universally hold him in the highest regard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a little 'ol Blue Eyes to finish things off...
Come fly with me, lets fly lets fly away
If you can use, some exotic booze
Theres a bar in far bombay
Come fly with me, well fly well fly away

Come fly with me, lets float down to peru
In lama land, theres a one man band
And hell toot his flute for you
Come fly with me, well float down in the blue

Anonymous said...

Blue Eyes Gary might be flying away soon.

Anonymous said...

How about a bar in Iraq. They might like him there.

Anonymous said...

So, you rip McClatchy for not responding to your jet question, intimating it must mean Gary still uses the jet. Then, you print a McClatchy quote from Elaine in the next blog item, and intimate it isn't truthful. I don't think it would be in McClatchy's best interest to respond to a blog created by a current or former bitter employee hell-bent on further destroying morale in the company.