Saturday, September 20, 2008

Joe Biden unplugged

Jim Morrill at McClatchy captures a bit of Joe Biden's campaign trail shtick.

When Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden was in Charlotte Sunday, he ridiculed Republican John McCain's statement that the economy had made progress under President Bush."I could walk from here to Greensboro,” he told a crowd at a Phillip O. Berry Academy. “I wouldn't run into one person who thought we'd made economic progress unless I ran into John McCain.”

A few days earlier, he was in New Hampshire."I can walk from here to Manchester, and I doubt I'll find anyone who said the fundamentals are strong and the economy's roaring, unless I run into John McCain."

This week he was in Michigan.“Ladies and gentlemen, I could walk from here to Lansing, and I wouldn't run into a single person who thought our economy was doing well, unless I ran into John McCain,” he said.

This is standard blowhard fare.

Does this kind of stuff impress voters? Biden is the quintessential Washington gasbag. He has been in the Senate for decades but has accomplished nothing, reformed nothing. He is best known for hair plugs, plagiarizing Neil Kinnock, running for president 2 or 3 times, and, talking too much. Polls say Biden is more qualified to be President than Sarah Palin -- but that judgment is based on Biden's years in Washington, certainly not anything impressive about Joe Biden himself.

Unrelated, below is video of Joe Biden. Watch the video and decide if Joe Biden is preparing to walk to Greensboro or Lansing; or, if he is stark raving drunk.



I vote for drunk.

Previous:
Joe Biden lies about 1972 accident

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for correct.
Is there anyone in Washington DC who has less understanding of the current economic mess than John McCain?
The answer is absolutely not. It was ugly - and painful - to watch his erratic "one position one minute, another the next" performance.
And he's paying for it, sinking daily in the polls, along with his idiotic selection for VP.

You really should stick to McClatchy. Your candidate is done, courtesy of Lehman Brothers.