Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday Dec. 27 -- Got news or a question?

If you have news or a question, leave it in comments.


Archer05 said...

BussMachine linked to:
It has a graphic of a devil with large scissors in hand.
Get rid off all the editors
by grzegorz.piechota
Do we need them any more in the digital age? Of course, no!
Everybody hates editors and would feel a relief if they all go to hell.

Reporters hate - because editors sit the whole days at the office and do nothing but ask stupid questions to hard-working people on the beat.

Readers hate editors - because everybody can be a journalist now, but it is still harder to be an editor with a top-down authority!
Actually, there are some very thoughtful points made once the writer gets down to business.

McClatchy Watch said...

For some reason I couldn't open the TinyUrl link. But I located the article here.

Good points to ponder.


I once worked for McClatchy @ THE NEWS TRIBUNE in Tacoma Wash. I worked their from april of 88 to may of 2001. in that time so many games were played out at the paper i just quite. Now i wonder how my retirement plan with McClatchy is going to do after they go under. I guess the money will be all gone for the retirement also.

Anonymous said...

I hope you weren't a writer for the paper.

Anonymous said...

He writes as well as those who remain behind.