Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sacramento Smudge update

From time to time I note the ink problems that have plagued the Sacramento Bee. Colors often smear and bleed. I don't have objective evidence but my gut tells me the problem isn't as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago. In today's Bee the smearing was not bad, but still noticeable. Below is a photo from page A5.
Below is a photo from page K2.
Previous:
Ink problems at the Bee Part 4
Ink problems at The Sacramento Bee Part 3
Ink problems at The Sacramento Bee Part 2
Ink problems at The Sacramento Bee Part 1
Sacramento Bee's new makeover comes out gray
The Sacramento Bee literally goes Pinko

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it this is what the Modesto Bee is going to look like when Sac. starts runing it on the 29th.

Anonymous said...

AH YES, the lovely aroma of off set (too bad you can't smell it over the internet), the smudging ink, this is what it was like in the good old days of newsprint. I hope the readers of the new (un)improved Modesto Bee will enjoy a step back in time when the ink rubs off on their clothes and fingers. Look forward to writing off poor quality ads, and customers B------g about the mess that's delivered to their door (later) every morning.

Anonymous said...

You get what you pay for or is it you pay for what you get. And I hope the readers do not pay. Oh I forgot how gives a C..P about them were saving money.