Chrostowski's new title will be "assistant managing editor."
Why doesn't Chrostowski have the same title as Lester?
Just last month. the Star was advertising for a business editor. The Star's ad said it was looking for an individual who:
- Has a vision for covering the biggest story in the world right now but can bring those economic issues back home to Kansas City.
- Understands, embraces and has ideas for multi-platform business products.
- Can work copy and push stories to A-1 while developing a strategy for daily business centerpieces.
- Brings energy and creativity to meetings and to problem-solving.
- Works well with his staff and also with other newsroom departments.
The Star article on Chrostowski seems to emphasize the new guy doesn't have the same title as Chris Lester. Hmmm.
Hat tip: Bottom Line Communications