Shouldn't be a surprise that Landay lands on the rancid left-wing Olbermann show: Landay and Olbermann are both left-wingers and they both seem obsessed with Bush and Cheney and torture and Guantanamo, etc.
Landay is stuck in 2002 and 2003 (the years he thinks Bush lied and tortured). So he is a natural fit with Bush-hater Keith Olbermann.
Here's the irony: Landay's 2002/2003 niche makes him ideal for appearances on Bush-hating shows like Keith Olbermann's, but it limits his appeal to legitimate news shows that cover real issues in 2009.
Above is a video from Friday night's show. If you want to spend 6:24 watching, you'll notice Olbermann and Landay both excuse Pelosi on the waterboarding issue -- even though she was briefed on waterboarding in 2002 and never voiced an objection until it became politically expedient to do so.
And they're both annoyed that the Obama administration won't hold a Truth Commission to investigate torture under Bush. (Thereby dashing Landay's dreams about going on other shows to talk about Bush torturing people.)
In a sign people are getting tired of Olbermann's shtick, ratings for his show have been heading south for some time.
As for left-wing Landay, somebody should tell him it's 2009, not 2002.
- "Peace Group" gears up for exciting speech by Jonathan Landay
- McClatchy's Strobel and Landay busted in a lie
- Left-wing blog Huffington Post honors McClatchy reporters
- McClatchy reporters accused of distortion
- Jonathan Landay ID'd as "activist reporter" with a bias against the Iraq War
- Jonathan Landay and McClatchy still ignorant about Saddam's ties to al Queda